We write to update you on the progress of our exploratory campaign for Pennsylvania Governor.
- Our Purpose. The unrest seen throughout the nation over the last six months has demonstrated that now is the time we must move forward to fix the problems of our archaic political and governmental systems. We cannot wait any longer for politicians to take action on known problems. Our current laws have left segments of the population behind and feeling disenfranchised. Worse, factions from both the political left and the right believe their government is not working on their behalf. My leadership will provide a laser focus on fixing problems that have plagued Pennsylvania for decades. These problems include, but are not limited to, over taxation of Pennsylvanians, oversized and inefficient government leading to waste and a political system that encourages partisan and divisive politics. Our proposed Contract with Pennsylvania provides solutions which will lead to long term societal stability and prosperity for Pennsylvanians of all socioeconomic levels in the post-Covid era.
- 2. PAC Website. Our team has established a Political Action Committee called the Great Pennsylvania Comeback to support my candidacy for statewide office. The PAC website will be www.pacomeback.com. The Website along with associated Twitter and Facebook accounts will go live on February 1, 2021. For an early preview, you can find the latest draft of the website at: https://pacomeback.com/index.html -- the website includes, the Contract with Pennsylvania as well a biography of my background.
- Donations. Once live, donors will be able to donate to the PAC on the PAC website (as well as volunteer). Checks can also be mailed to: The Great Pennsylvania Comeback, PO Box 23562, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15143 (make payable to The Great Pennsylvania Comeback).
- Exploratory Tour. Over the last 14 days, our campaign has made stops in the following Counties: Allegheny, Washington, Lawrence, Dauphin, Jefferson, Elk, McKean and Clearfield. These stops have included visits with Republican Party officials, members of the General Assembly, local government officials, policy “Think Tanks”, former campaign managers for Governor races, lobbyists and others. The purpose of these visits is not only to promote this campaign but also to learn more about the problems that need to be fixed in both rural and urban Pennsylvania.
- Political Strategy. We have begun interviewing for a potential paid political consultant to guide the campaign through its exploratory stages. In addition, we have begun the process of bringing together an exploratory committee to provide guidance on a run for Governor. We will announce the filling of these position during the month of February. Finally, we are quietly signing up hundreds of volunteers by “word of mouth” throughout the Commonwealth.
- Your help. We need your help to spread the word about this campaign. Your participation is vital to our success. Please encourage others to become involved. Perhaps now more than any other time in our history, it is necessary to make our voices heard that we want positive change for every citizen of our Commonwealth. Here are some of things you can do now:
- If you or someone you know desires a call with me, please set it up by emailing our team at firstname.lastname@example.org -- I will try to make myself as accessible as possible.
- Encourage donations starting February 1 -- every donation no matter how small is important.
- Register people to vote -- the primary is in May 2022 -- a voter has to be a Republican to vote in the Republican primary. Thus, anyone registered as a Democrat or Independent that wants to vote for me in the primary will need to register as a Republican (note: this is one of the many antiquated laws that we will change). The link to change parties is on the PAC website.
Thank you for your interest in our campaign. We will continue to keep you updated on our progress as we move forward.
All the best,
Posted on 22 Jan 2021, 15:29 - Category: Exploratory Campaign Reports